Child Suicide Bomber Behind “Heinous” Attack At Turkish Wedding That Killed At Least 51

From Zero Hedge:

As the death toll from a deadly suicide bombing – which took place late on Saturday at a wedding party in the southern Turkish town of Gaziantep, near the southern border with Syria – rose to 51, with another 69 wounded of whom 17 were critical, Turkey’s president Erdogan issued a statement denouncing the “heinous” bombing and saying that IS was “the most likely perpetrator of the Gaziantep attack.” This was the deadliest attack in Turkey so far this year.

The remains of a suicide vest were recovered at the site, according to the state-run Anadolu Agency, with president Erdogan later adding that the perpetrator was a child between the ages of 12 and 14 year, whose bomb was remotely or self-detonated.

pic.twitter.com/yiNZ7IBBFy

— ANADOLU AGENCY (ENG) (@anadoluagency) August 21, 2016

Erdo?an: ISIS likely behind Gaziantep bombing, 51 lives lost, suicide bomber aged 12-14, remotely or self detonated pic.twitter.com/BvTOht59tl

— CNN Türk ENG (@CNNTURK_ENG) August 21, 2016

The bride and groom survived the attack, however the groom did suffer injuries, a local official said, as cited by Reuters.   “The celebrations were coming to an end and there was a big explosion among people dancing,” 25-year-old Veli Can said, according to Reuters. “There was blood and body parts everywhere.”

Taking advantage of the attack to further his domestic agenda, Erdogan said there was “absolutely no difference” between the Islamic State, Kurdish rebels in the southeast of Turkey or Gulen’s supporters, saying they are all terrorist organizations.  “These bloodthirsty organizations and the powers behind them have neither the will nor power to silence the calls to prayer, lower the flag, divide our motherland and break up our nation,” he said, as cited by AP. 

Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek, who is in Gaziantep, said …

Continue Reading